MyMassa dapat maklumat terbaru bahawa Turki sebenarnya negara yang mengeluarkan minyak. Walaupun tak banyak, ternyata Anwar Ibrahim memang pembohong.
Sumber maklumat ini dikirimkan oleh pembaca MyMassa. Terima kasih kepada pengirim maklumat ini.
Turkey is playing an increasingly important role in the transit of oil and gas supplies from Russia, the Caspian region, and the Middle East routed westward to Europe. Turkey has been a major transit point for seaborne traded oil and is becoming more important for pipeline-traded oil and natural gas, with significant volumes transported to westward to Europe. Growing volumes of Russian and Caspian oil are being sent by tanker via the Bosporus Straits to Western markets while a terminal on Turkey's Mediterranean coast at Ceyhan allows the country to export oil from northern Iraq and Azerbaijan.
As of January 1, 2011, the Oil & Gas Journal estimated Turkey's proved oil reserves at 270 million barrels, located mostly in the south-east region. Turkey's oil production peaked in 1991 at 85 thousand bbl/d, but then declined each year and bottoming out in 2006 at 44 thousand bbl/d. Turkey's oil production has seen a slight increase since then, reaching nearly 53 thousand bbl/d in 2009.
Turkey relies heavily on foreign sources of oil and imports nearly 90 percent of oil, with domestic supplies accounting for the remaining 10 percent.
Most of Turkey's 270 million barrels of oil reserves are located in the Hakkari Basin (which is also where most of Turkey's oil production occurs), with additional deposits found in Thrace in the northwest. There also may be significant reserves under the Aegean Sea, however this has not been confirmed as a result of the ongoing territorial dispute with Greece. Turkish Petroleum Company (TPAO) has increased its exploration activities in the Black Sea, which according to the company could hold 10 billion barrels of oil. A number of foreign companies are involved in the exploration of the Black Sea in joint ventures with TPAO, including ExxonMobil and Chevron. ExxonMobil is planning to begin drilling its first exploration well in the Turkish sector of the Black Sea in the first half of 2011. Chevron, which has announced a substantial increase in its exploration budget for 2011, will serve as operator for any future wells that are drilled in Block 3921 (third from the right in the map below).
Concurrent with its economic expansion, Turkey's oil consumption grew for most of the last decade, peaking at 690 thousand bbl/d in 2007, far exceeding the domestic supply. Since then Turkey's consumption has decreased somewhat as a result of the global (and Turkish) economic downturn. In 2009, Turkey's consumption totaled 580 thousand bbl/d, the lowest level since 1994.
In 2009, Turkey imported about 90 percent of its total consumption. The majority of Turkey's oil imports originate in Russia, which became the country's top supplier in 2007, surpassing Iran for the first time. Additional oil imports originated in Saudi Arabia, Libya, Iraq, and Syria.
*Macam mana ni. Propaganda Anwar Ibrahim malam tadi dah MyMassa kantoikan 3 kali! Mohon rakan-rakan sebarkan maklumat ini. Terima kasih kepada para pemberi komen dan maklumat di atas.